The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to the Rockfort Advisors Pte. Ltd. (“Rockfort”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
This written notice applies and issues to all divisions, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies of Rockfort, where applicable (collectively, “Rockfort”, “we” or “us”) and Rockfort’s immediate and/or prospective customers, suppliers or agents or service provider unless we have notified you otherwise in writing. We may amend or modify this written notice from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
1. Collection and Purpose of Personal Data
1.1 Generally, we may request that you provide data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) which may include, but not limited, to your name, company industry, postal address, e-mail address, NRIC/FIN/Passport number, photograph or video image of an individual, mobile telephone number and any other personal information related to you for the purpose to:-
- provide notices, services or products or corporate information, newsletters and the promotion and marketing material of our products and services whether present or future, to you;
- communicate with you;
- process your request and/or application;
- perform research, assessment/statistical and analysis exercise;
- customer relationship management procedures, for example to deal with customer’s feedback; and
- observe any legal, government or regulatory requirements of Singapore or other relevant jurisdictions including any disclosure or notification requirements to which any recipient of the data is subject to.
- form part of the records of the recipient as to the business carried out by it,
- other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of the above purposes.
2. Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
2.1 Generally, Rockfort collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- managing the administrative and business operations of Rockfort and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- organising promotional events;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution); and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
2.2 Rockfort will not transfer any of your personal data outside of Singapore unless the transfer conforms to the requirements of the Act.
2.3 Depending on the product or service concerned, your Personal Data may also be disclosed to:-
- Rockfort’s external advisors, service providers, agents, consultants and insurers;
- Rockfort’s business associates that provide related services and products in connection with Rockfort business;
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by relevant laws and regulations;
- Financial institutions to facilitate payments and client reporting; and
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes.
3. Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- safeguards to prevent security breaches in our database systems;
- limits on access to information in our systems; and
- strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information.
4.1 You are deemed to have given your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- when you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to us;
- when you are aware of the purposes for which you are providing your Personal Data to us;
- it is reasonable for you to have provided the Personal Data to us in the circumstances; and
- in any other circumstances where consent is deemed under Act.
4.2 You have a choice to withdraw your consent by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.3 Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent, it may take up to 90 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. There may be an administrative fee involved in processing your request pertaining to how your Personal Data are being use.